Global Health TV on Global Health Diplomacy
17 June 2011
Global Health TV reports from the 64th World Health Assembly where new diplomatic processess are being developed in a time when diplomats are getting more involved in health issues and health experts become more concerned with foreign policy. You can see interviews with Prof. David Heymann, Chair of the UK Health Protection Agency, Prof. Paoulo Buss, Director of FioCruz Center for Global Health in Brazil, Prof. Ilona Kickbusch, Director of the Global Health Programme in Geneva, and Mr. Haik Nikogosian, Head of the Convention Secretariat FCTC/WHO.
European Health Forum Gastein 2011 Programme
20 June 2011
The programme for the 14th annual European Health Forum Gastein is now available. This years Forum will focus on "Innovation and Well Being - European Health in 2020 and beyond." The 4 day programme will include workshops on timely issues such as Global Health Governance and the WHO reform process, Health security, eHealth, and migration - to name a few. The Forum's parrallel sessions will discuss topics such as the WHO European Regional Office's Health2020 initiative for a new and innovative European Regional Health Policy, the future of medicine, NCDs, social innovation, health technology assessment, and active and healthy aging.
the programme can be accessed online at: http://www.ehfg.org/fileadmin/ehfg/Programm/2011/2PA_english.pdf
EU agencies put to the test as origin of deadly E.Coli still a mystery
10 June 2011
EU and member state officials discuss reforming the EU Rapid Alert system after both Spanish cucumbers and German beansprouts have been cleared.
E.Coli cucumber crisis
31 May 2011
The source of E.coli in cucumbers which has caused 14 deaths and infected hundreds remained a mystery yesterday (30 May) as scientists sought to speed up testing mechanisms and tensions rose over trade in European vegetables. Euractiv.com Reports.
Consultation on Draft Technical Paper of the World Conference on Social Determinants of Health
18 May 2011
WHO seeks your comments and feedback on the current draft of the Conference technical paper, which aims to inform the conference discussions and provide policy-makers with an overview of key strategies to implement action on social determinants of health. Comments are welcome until Friday 3 June 2011. Comments received after this date will, unfortunately, not be able to be considered.
- Time to untie the knots: the WHO reform and the need of democratizing global health
- Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases Research Calls
- WHO global forum: Addressing the challenge of noncommunicable diseases
- Big Pharma backs deal to boost flu pandemic readiness
- Forum on UK and EU Policy on Trade in Health, Agriculture and Food
- WHO and the European Commission agree future common action in key areas
- Call for Applications for the Summer School "European Health Care and Social Systems in Transition
- Indian pharma firms, NGOs oppose EU free trade deal
- Public hearing on the implemetation guidelines for the WHO Global Code of Practice on the international recruitment of health personnel
- European Parliament passes resolution on reducing health inequalities
- Africa’s Aids patients biggest losers if India/EU drugs deal sails through reports The East African
- First meeting of the European Health Policy Forum
- Consultation in the European Region on the Prevention and Control of Noncommunicable Diseases now available for comments
- DG SANCO: Renewed Commitment of Stakeholders to Combat Overweight and Obesity-Related Health Issues
- MEPs approve laws to curb counterfeit drugs
- Hungary to push healthcare 'tourism' at EU helm