ILONA KICKBUSCH ASKS: What do you consider to be the priority global health diplomacy challenges in 2015?
more on graduateinstitute.ch
Antimicrobial resistance: an urgent concern. Live Stream!
Follow the live webcast of the public event:
21 March 2014 | 10:00 - 13:15
On the homepage of the Global Health Programme
New article-series: Facets of Global Health: Globalisation, Equity, Impact and Action
Global Health Action has recently published a collection of articles which provide a broad overview on various facets of global health, and which strengthens the link between globalisation and its impacts on the regional and local levels.
The Trans Atlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP). A nuanced view by the British Medical Association
Much has been written in recent months about the currently negotiated Trans Atlantic Free Trade Agreement (TTIP) between the European Union (EU) and the United States (US). While proponents of TTIP praise the economic benefit for both EU and US, its critics fear negative impacts on health and social well-being due to a variety of aspects negotiated under the agreement. As the negotiations are being done largely behind closed doors, statements from both proponents and critics sometimes appear speculative and in some cases even populist. As the negotiations will enter the fourth round in March this year, questions about TTIPs potential economic and social impact remain.
McMaster Health Forum relaunches Health Systems Evidence websiteHealth Systems Evidence is intended to serve as a resource for policymakers, stakeholders and researchers. The new version of the online platform is available in seven languages, Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish. It offers advanced search functionalities that allow users to search the currently 2,000 records compiled in a continuously updated repository of syntheses of research evidence about health system governance, financial and delivery arrangements. Additional new elements include a comprehensive synonyms dictionary and monthly customized email alerts identifying new documents.
- New report on the state of women's and children's health: "Eliminating Health Inequities: Every Woman and Every Child Counts"
- WHO creates Action:SDH to foster discussion on the social determinants of health
- Democratising Global Health Coalition
- Letter from Medicus Mundi on behalf of Democratising Global Health Coalition
- Political declaration of the High-level Meeting of the General Assembly on the Prevention and Control of Non-communicable Diseases
- Upcoming Global Health Europe and Global Health Programme Events
- Aid for trade at a glance 2011: showing results. OECD
- UN Millenium Development Goals Report 2011
- EU and WHO discuss strategic partnership
- EU Global Health Policy Forum
- Global Health TV on Global Health Diplomacy
- European Health Forum Gastein 2011 Programme
- EU agencies put to the test as origin of deadly E.Coli still a mystery
- E.Coli cucumber crisis
- Consultation on Draft Technical Paper of the World Conference on Social Determinants of Health
- Time to untie the knots: the WHO reform and the need of democratizing global health
- Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases Research Calls
- WHO global forum: Addressing the challenge of noncommunicable diseases
- Big Pharma backs deal to boost flu pandemic readiness
- Forum on UK and EU Policy on Trade in Health, Agriculture and Food
- WHO and the European Commission agree future common action in key areas
- Call for Applications for the Summer School "European Health Care and Social Systems in Transition
- Indian pharma firms, NGOs oppose EU free trade deal
- Public hearing on the implemetation guidelines for the WHO Global Code of Practice on the international recruitment of health personnel
- European Parliament passes resolution on reducing health inequalities
- Africa’s Aids patients biggest losers if India/EU drugs deal sails through reports The East African
- First meeting of the European Health Policy Forum
- Consultation in the European Region on the Prevention and Control of Noncommunicable Diseases now available for comments
- DG SANCO: Renewed Commitment of Stakeholders to Combat Overweight and Obesity-Related Health Issues
- MEPs approve laws to curb counterfeit drugs
- Hungary to push healthcare 'tourism' at EU helm